Effective as of September 10, 2012
1. Websites Covered
The Company’s Websites may contain links to other websites. The information practices or the content of such other websites is governed by the privacy policies of such other websites.
2. Information Collected
The Company may collect personal data from Visitors and Customers both online and offline. In many cases, such information will be collected directly from you, such as through a transaction or inquiry or your submission of a form, registration or communication to us. Information may also be gathered from third-party sources (including without limitation, opt-in lists, publicly available data, consumer reporting agencies, other companies and referrals) and through your activities and interactions with us. We may combine data collected from these disparate sources unless we tell you otherwise.
The Company collects personal data about its Visitors and Customers in a number of ways. The types of personal data typically collected by the Company may include the following, depending on your activities:
- Contact information, including name, title, street address, postal code, country, telephone numbers, email address, company name, and other similar information.
- Authentication information, including user IDs, log-in names, passwords, password reminders, etc. (in addition to other personal data such as contact information and the like).
- Transactional information, including products or services you inquire about or request and payment information.
- User content, including information provided when you use one of our online communities, forums or other online means of communications, and all other user submissions and content you provide.
3. Additional Information
As you use the Company’s Websites or Services, some information can be “passively” collected using various technologies, such as cookies, web beacons and navigational data collection (clickstream, log files, server logs, etc.). Your Internet browser automatically transmits some of this information, such as the URL of the website you just visited and the Internet Protocol (IP) address and browser version currently being used by your computer. Such technologies help us to keep track of your interactions with our websites and services and provide you with a more customized experience, which may include referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks.
The Company’s Websites and Services may also use IP addresses for the same purposes identified above, as well as to analyze trends, administer the website, track users’ movements and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
The Company may use web beacons (also known as Internet tags or clear GIFs) on the Company’s Websites and Services to access and set cookies and otherwise help us to better understand how users are utilizing our websites. Information provided by the web beacon includes the computer’s IP address, the type of browser being used, and the time that the web beacon was viewed. The Company may also use web beacons in emails and newsletters so that the Company knows when such communications have been opened and to otherwise help tailor communications to individual users.
4. Use of Information Collected
- Conducting and following up on transactions. The Company may use personal information such as name, title, street address, phone number, email address, title, and/or company name to conduct transactions with you, process your order, contact you about your order, etc.
- Registration (memberships, accounts (i.e., log-ins and passwords, etc.)) and participation in online communities/provision of user-generated content. Customers may be given an opportunity to register for a variety of reasons, including to receive promotional communications/offers or to join or participate in an online community, blog or other interactive areas or to otherwise provide user-generated content (such as posting favorite photos/videos/audio recordings, providing testimonials, sharing experiences about the Services, etc.). Such activities may entail collection of name, title, contact information, user name and password, email address, experiences with the Services, and personal information/preferences related to the subject matter of the particular activity.
- To contact the Company with questions, comment, or concerns. The Company provides a number of ways for you to contact the Company to ask questions, provide comments or share concerns (i.e., via the “contact us” sections on the Company’s Websites or postal mail). Depending on the circumstances, the Company may collect your name, title, contact information, message type, case number (if tied to a previous issue), comments, and other types of data relevant to the specific situation.
- To provide materials you request. The Company provides a number of ways for you to request materials, such as newsletters, blog/rss feeds, brochures, product literature and the like. The Company may collect and use contact name, title, contact information, demographic information, preferences and other information relevant to responding to your request.
- For marketing purposes (unless you have told us otherwise). The Company may use your contact information to tell you about other products and services.
This list is for illustrative purposes only and should not be considered exhaustive.
5. Sharing of Information Collected
The Company may disclose personal data to our affiliates and partners and to consultants, service providers and contractors that we use to support our business and operations who have agreed to keep the information confidential and use it only to provide the applicable service(s).
The recipients of customers’ personal data, and more generally these disclosures, may be located in the United States or other jurisdictions that might not provide a level of protection equivalent to the laws in your jurisdiction. By submitting personal data to the Company, you consent to the transfer of such personal data outside your jurisdiction.
The Company may make full use of all information that is de-identified or otherwise not in personally identifiable form, including without limitation, user-generated content.
6. Communications Preferences
The Company offers Visitors and Customers who provide contact information a means to choose how the Company uses the information provided. You may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of the Company’s marketing emails. Additionally, you may send a request specifying your communications preferences firstname.lastname@example.org. Customers cannot opt out of receiving transactional emails related to their account with the Company or the Services.
7. Correcting and Updating Your Information
To keep personal data provided by you accurate, current and complete, please contact the Company as specified in the “Contact Us” section. The Company will take appropriate steps to update or correct such information in its possession or to delete your information from the Company’s contact list. The Company will respond to your request within 30 days.
The Company will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
8. Customer Data
Customers may electronically submit data or information to the Service for hosting and processing purposes (“Customer Data”). The Company will not review, share, distribute, or reference any such Customer Data, except as provided in the applicable subscription agreement, or as may be required by law. In accordance with the subscription agreement, the Company may access Customer Data only for the purpose of providing the Services, preventing or addressing service or technical problems, at a Customer’s request in connection with customer support matters, or as may be required by law.
The Company takes appropriate steps to protect personal data from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction, whether in transmission or storage. Please keep in mind, however, that there is no such thing as perfect security, and no Internet transmission is ever completely secure or error-free. Moreover, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any user name and password you use. If you have any questions about security on the Company’s Websites, you can contact the Company via the contact information below.
11. California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits Customers who are California residents to request that the Company not share their personal data with third parties for such parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, send an email with “California Privacy” in the subject line to email@example.com or write to us at the address listed below.
12. Contacting Us
Tomcoh Commerce, Inc.
122 2nd Ave, Suite 214
San Mateo, CA 94401
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org.